Date: 15th September 2021 Time: 1110 – 1210pm
So you’d like to be a principal investigator leading your own laboratory? And you would like to have full control over your research directions? But you are not sure how and where exactly to begin? Look no further, we have all the answers for you! Making the leap from a postdoctoral fellow to an independent principal investigator (PI) is a significant career transition for every young scientist. Establishing a professional identity to seek scientific independence and grow out of the shadow of your PI is no doubt challenging. Hear from our four speakers on how they have successfully made their transition from postdoctoral fellows to PIs.
In this session, attendees will be able to interact and engage with our speakers who will be sharing on:
- Ways to independently advance to become a principal investigator
- Publishing papers, achieving grants on your own and building a track record
- Building a network of scientific collaborators
- Riding on the scientific trends
- Dos and don’ts for being a successful principal investigator